- Are you an adventurous and courageous person looking to empower Bermuda’s youth? Consider joining the crew of STV- Spirit of Bermuda. We are seeking Watch Leaders for our local and offshore programmes.
The successful candidates should possess the following qualities and abilities:
• Have a strong desire to work with young people, mentor and inspire them to make a difference.
• Must have the ability to work as a role model with the youth of Bermuda, be compassionate and supportive, have the energy, flexibility, reliable and mindset necessary to work in a unique environment.
• Support the Programme Officer in guiding trainees through Educational Programmes.
• Coach trainees/students about sailing, navigation, and safety rules.
• Assist the Captain with sailing and mooring maneuvers.
• A high level of motivation, maturity, ability & willingness to learn.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to use initiative.
• Able to get along with many different people and work as part of a small team.
• Assist with keeping the ship clean and well maintained.
• Previous successful experience in youth development or the maritime field is essential.
• Willing to obtain STCW 95, Basic safety training, SCARS and First aid/CPR.
This is an ideal post for anyone looking to work in the maritime field and wishes to make a difference in the lives of Bermuda’s young people.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents via email; a personal statement of interest, a resume/CV, and two (2) character reference letters to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: April 29th, 2022
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful, or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites, or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User comments posted on this website are solely the views and opinions of the comment writer and are not a representation of or reflection of the opinions of TNN or its staff.
TNN reserves the right to remove, edit or censor any comments.
TNN accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for the comments made by users.