The Ministry of Economy and Labour released the June 2023 Retail Sales Index publication.
June’s retail sales volume decreased 0.5 per cent compared to last year. In value terms, retail sales increased to an estimated $105.9 million, representing a 4.5 per cent rise in sales value.
Four of the seven sectors recorded year-over-year volume decreases in June 2023:
- The sales volume for Food Stores fell 4.4 per cent.
- The Liquor Stores’ sales volume fell 6.2 per cent.
- Service Stations’ sales volume decreased 0.4 per cent.
- The sales volume at Apparel Stores dropped 4.4 per cent.
The following sectors had increases in sales volume compared to the previous year:
- Motor Vehicle Stores’ sales volume grew 3.3 per cent.
- The sales volume for Building Material Stores increased 4.4 per cent.
- In the All Other Store Types sector (comprising stores selling household items, furniture, appliances, electronics, pharmaceuticals and tourist-related goods), there was a 1.4 per cent increase in sales volume.
Selected overseas declarations decreased 8.3 per cent compared to June 2022.
The public can review the June 2023 Retail Sales Index report at https://www.gov.bm/retail-sales-index-rsi.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful, or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites, or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User comments posted on this website are solely the views and opinions of the comment writer and are not a representation of or reflection of the opinions of TNN or its staff.
TNN reserves the right to remove, edit or censor any comments.
TNN accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for the comments made by users.