“We are committed to engaging directly with our young people to hear about the issues and matters that are most important to them,” said the Minister of Youth, Culture and Sport, Sen. the Hon. Owen Darrell in announcing a series of upcoming youth forums.
Over the next few weeks, the Zone-In Youth Forums will be held at the Department of Youth and Sport’s three community centres. And Bermuda’s young people are encouraged to attend any of the forums on the specified dates to share their views, feedback and ideas with Minister Darrell.
The dates are as follows:
- December 12, 2022 – Sammy Wilson Central Zone Community Centre
- December 19, 2022 – Eastern Zone Community Centre
- January 9, 2022 – Western Zone Community Centre
All forums are from 6.00 pm – 8.00 pm.
Minister Darrell said, “One of the key aims of the National Youth Policy is to engage our young people in meaningful dialogue. So, I am keen to hear directly from our youth about the issues that are affecting them and the ideas they have for Bermuda. We believe that this exercise will assist our team in prioritizing the goals and objectives of the Policy.”
The eight goals of the National Youth Policy are:
- Keep young people safe and protected from harm;
- Achieve full potential in learning, development and education;
- Minimize anti-social behaviour;
- Increase employment and entrepreneurship opportunities;
- Engage youth in sport, culture and recreation;
- Support young people to be active and healthy;
- Enable participation in civic engagement; and
- Encourage diversity and inclusion.
To learn more about the policy visit www.youthpolicy.bm
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful, or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites, or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User comments posted on this website are solely the views and opinions of the comment writer and are not a representation of or reflection of the opinions of TNN or its staff.
TNN reserves the right to remove, edit or censor any comments.
TNN accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for the comments made by users.