Whether through education or public service scholarships, summer employment opportunities, internships, mentoring or graduate training, the Bermuda Government has always maintained its commitment to supporting Bermuda’s young people.
And through the Department of Youth, Sport and Recreation (DYS&R) the Government is looking to help more of Bermuda’s youth by providing grant and investment support.
Through separate funding opportunities, the DYS&R is accepting submissions for the 2023/24 grant period. These grants are aimed at helping young people realize their creative and recreational passions.
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT GRANTS
The youth development grants are made available to qualifying organizations that provide support, programmes and assistance to youth.
The following criteria must be met:
- Registered charity;
- Available audited statements;
- Strength based approach to youth development programme;
- Support department goals, objectives and strategic function; and
- Established best practices for administrative functions (board governance, accounting, programme design, affiliations).
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT INVESTMENTS
The youth development investments are made available to a young person who wishes to pursue their recreational passions in areas including art, oration, culinary arts, science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). The following criteria must be met:
- Must be between the ages 14 – 24;
- Provide the course outline for the experience;
- Supply a copy of the application and/or acceptance letter;
- Two references from a current Instructor, Coach, Mentor in the field of interest;
- Letter of support from a local school or organization; and
- Confirmation of recent community service.
For more information and/or to receive an application packet for both opportunities, interested persons and organisations should email: email@example.com.
The deadline for all submissions is March 17, 2023.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful, or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites, or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User comments posted on this website are solely the views and opinions of the comment writer and are not a representation of or reflection of the opinions of TNN or its staff.
TNN reserves the right to remove, edit or censor any comments.
TNN accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for the comments made by users.