The Ministry of Public Works would like to advise the public of the upcoming waste and recycling collection schedule over the Christmas and New Year’s Holidays.
Christmas day and Boxing Day will be observed on Monday, 26 December, and Tuesday, 27 December.
As a result, during Christmas week:
- Trash that is usually collected on Monday will be collected on Wednesday.
- Waste that is usually collected on Tuesday will be collected on Thursday.
- Waste normally collected on Wednesday will be collected on Friday, and
- Garbage usually collected on Thursday and Friday, will be collected on Saturday, 31 December.
Recycling collection will remain unchanged, with west-end recycling collected on Thursday, 29 December and east-end collection on Friday, 30 December.
The New Year’s holiday will be observed on Monday, 2 January 2023, and waste collection that week will roll over one day. As a result, during this week:
- Trash usually collected on Monday will be collected on Tuesday.
- Waste usually collected on Tuesday will be collected on Wednesday.
- Waste normally collected on Wednesday will be collected on Thursday.
- Garbage usually picked up on Thursday will be collected on Friday.
- Trash usually picked up on Friday will be picked up on Saturday, 7 January 2023.
To learn more about waste management and recycling in Bermuda, visit www.gov.bm/garbage-and-recycling.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful, or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites, or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User comments posted on this website are solely the views and opinions of the comment writer and are not a representation of or reflection of the opinions of TNN or its staff.
TNN reserves the right to remove, edit or censor any comments.
TNN accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for the comments made by users.