1. I did not complete a Travel Authorization form when I departed the United States of America.
2. I did not complete, file, or upload any documentation with any Government entity, or on any online portal, in support of an application for a medical exemption arising from my travel to Bermuda on 14 July 2021.
3. I did not pay any fee associated with any purported application for a medical exemption.
4. Whilst en route to Bermuda, I received a missed call from an unknown number.
5. I then received a WhatsApp message from a member of staff at the Ministry of Health.
6. The individual stated, in writing, that they were trying to reach me regarding my Travel Authorization form.
7. The individual then confirmed that they “re-did” a Travel Authorization form on my behalf; and further, they wanted to make sure I received it.
8. I confirmed that I was in the air and that my Travel Authorization was denied.
9. The individual told me that they updated the system and they changed my status from mandatory quarantine to home quarantine.
10. I did not ask this individual to do this on my behalf.
11. I did not ask anyone else to do this on my behalf.
12. I told this individual that I would see what other tricks were in store.
13. Upon my arrival in Bermuda, I requested to speak with my lawyer based on what transpired on the flight. However, I was not permitted to receive his counsel until I entered the arrival hall where he was kept waiting.
14. Whilst I remained in Customs, I was invited to put my name, address and telephone number on a separate form, which I did.
15. Before I walked into the arrival hall, I was made aware that the Bermuda Police Service and the Ministry of Health released a Joint Press statement stating that:
(i) I met the requirements of the law when I arrived inBermuda;
(ii) I arrived with an approved Travel Authorization form;
(iii) I fell within a medically vulnerable exempted category; and
(iv) I will be required to quarantine at home for 14 days, as opposed to a
mandatory quarantine facility at my own expense.
16. All of these four facts are true. However, I did not request or cause any of these steps to occur.
17. It is my reasonable belief that the Government of Bermuda has intentionally misled the public and presented a false narrative that I applied for a medical exemption in order to evade quarantine. I did no such thing.
18. Further, I believe that the Ministry of Health has intentionally sought to mislead Bermuda because of how vocal I have been in my criticism of their policies. This sets a dangerous precedent for our country.
19. I am of the firm belief that the Joint Press Release was intended to cause confusion, and contempt by the community towards me.
20.It is clear that my name and reputation have intentionally been totally besmirched in the public domain in order to silence me.
21. More importantly, I did not give permission to any medical personnel, or civil servant, to release any private & confidential medical information that may exist anywhere into the public domain.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful, or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites, or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User comments posted on this website are solely the views and opinions of the comment writer and are not a representation of or reflection of the opinions of TNN or its staff.
TNN reserves the right to remove, edit or censor any comments.
TNN accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for the comments made by users.