A massive home explosion rocked a quiet Southampton neighborhood shortly after 9 p.m. last night.
TNN is getting word that one person has succumbed to their injuries as a result of the explosion. It is believed that a gas stove was installed at the premises on Monday afternoon and a technician was hired to carry out continual work on the new appliance.
It is understood that the complex has four apartments in total on the block and three out of the four apartments sustained severe damages.
The individuals are Filipino guest workers, with two local men living in the upper apartments above.
Neighbors are in complete shock as the entire block shook when the explosion occurred. As daylight comes, we will get a total assessment of structural damage to the surrounding units.
Details remain limited as to what actually caused the explosion and a full-scale investigation has commenced and further details will be provided in due course.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful, or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites, or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User comments posted on this website are solely the views and opinions of the comment writer and are not a representation of or reflection of the opinions of TNN or its staff.
TNN reserves the right to remove, edit or censor any comments.
TNN accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for the comments made by users.